The CO2 extraction method is one of the safest and cleanest forms of extracting THC and CBD from cannabis plants. Wellgreens CA’s proprietary methods utilizes CO2 extraction. The result is a pure, high quality cannabis oil.
What is CO2 Extraction?
The CO2 extraction method is one of the most effective for maintaining terpene levels and preventing cannabinoids from being deactivated during the process. It is a common method also used in the food and herbal supplement industries. For example, CO2 extraction is used to remove caffeine from coffee beans in order to create decaffeinated coffee. CO2 extraction is also used to produce essential oils from plant matter such as lavender or peppermint.
How CO2 Extraction Works
CO2 gas converts to a liquid when it is heated under extreme pressure in extractor machines. The liquid passes through a chamber that contains raw cannabis material and it gently dissolves the membrane of the trichomes. This process allows us to capture many of the active compounds within cannabis including individual cannabinoids and terpenes. When the cannabinoids and terpenes mixture is warmed, the CO2 evaporates, leaving behind pure cannabis oil.
Benefits of CO2 Extraction
- CO2 extraction allows us to isolate and capture individual cannabinoids and terpenes to create customizable cannabis oil formulations.
- Liquid CO2 effectively kills any microbial bacteria, insect mites, mold or mildew on plant matter, guaranteeing that the end result is not only cleaner, but significantly healthier for human (or pet) consumption.
- CO2 extraction preserves terpene aroma profiles because it doesn’t use chemicals, therefore it produces a better tasting oil.
- CO2 extraction is tailored to achieve highly concentrated products.
- Hazardous solvent wastes are eliminated.
- CO2 extraction machines are capable of producing large quantities of product, which is why we always have bulk high-quality oil in stock.
CO2 Extractions are Safe, Clean and Healthy
Many chemicals in cannabis and hemp plants are continuing to show just how impactful they can be for human and pet health. Understanding different cannabinoids through the CO2 extraction process will be greatly important in continuing to make medical advancements. The main thing that cannabis consumers should take away is that the CO2 extraction method produces cannabis concentrates that are safer, cleaner and non-toxic, and are more aromatic than butane hash oil products. With CO2 cannabis extraction, you are reaping all of the benefits the product has to offer.
Click here to learn how Wellgreens CA crafts custom cannabis oil blends with terpene infusions and strain specific flavorings.